How to Find Books
- Go to the library’s home page, https://tusk.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/home
- The catalog search window is near the top of the page
- The basic search commands are All Fields, Periodical Title, Author, Keyword in Author Headings, Subject, Keyword in Subject Headings, ISBN, ISSN, and OCLC.
- Use the boxes on the left-hand side to limit your search such as Library, Shelf Location, Material Type, Publication Date, Subject, and Language.
Word or Phrase = "molecular cloning"
Author = Wong, Dominic W. S.
Title = The ABC's of Gene Cloning
Subject = Genetics
- Write down the complete Call Number (This will help you to find the book on the shelf.)
Example: UA646.3 .B567 2001
- Some call numbers are electronic books and can only be viewed online.
To verify whether the library subscribes to a particular journal, follow the same steps as you did in finding a book. Use your drop-down arrow key to limit by periodical title
Example: Periodical Title = The American Journal of Medicine